More than half a million dollars’ worth of reported campaign contributions during the primary came from corporations, businesses (parking developers, realtors, restaurants, etc.) , and PACs – the precise figure being $590,786.95.
In a a January interview with WAMU’s Kojo Nnamdi, Council member Muriel Bowser remarked with great dismay in her voice,“Nobody talks about individuals.”
But I will, briefly, before diving into the corporate/business contributions.
The primary contribution records did show “democracy in action” in the form of average Joes-and-Janes contributing to their favoriate canditates. Their donations ranging from $5 to to maximum $1,000 (or a tadbit more for bundlers) made up primarily all of the candidates’ “war chests.”
….. READ THE REST HERE
Not-So Inconspicous Bundling (Beyond Contribution Limits), A Non-exhaustive Look:
- $3,500 from the Henrico County (Va.)-Delaware-Originated Group (Springfield/Fairfax/Mount Vernon Petroleum…)
- $6,000 from the Baltimore-Rodgers Legacy Clan of Twelve (Rodgers Legacy, Randa Investment Co, Inc, Redwood Apartments…)
- $3,500 from the SAME Henrico County (Va.)-Delaware-Originated Group (Springfield/Fairfax/Mount Vernon Petroleum…)
- $5,000 from The Montrose Road Suite 500 Crew (as noted on The Politics Hour)
- $3,500 from the Clyde’s Incorporated (Gallery Place, Georgetown,…)
- $7,000 from The Montrose Road Suite 500 Crew
- $9,000 from the Henrico County-Delaware Originated Group (Including Rock Creek/Capitol Petroleum which did not contribute to either Alexander or Barry)
- $6,000 from The Montrose Road Suite 500 Crew
- $2,700 from Foulger-Pratt Development LLC /Foulger-Pratt Managmenet/ Fougler-Pratt Rockledge Properties, all on March 20, 2012 (3/20/201
EXCEL SPREADSHEET (Dig In!): ElectionPostMortemContributions